S'MOREO Ballsy Bites
Ballsy bites is baaaack and better than ever! Kicking it off with this drool worthy recipe that I like to call the S'MOREO! It's essentially a s'more and Oreo hybrid in, of course, a ball shape. I'm all about living a balanced lifestyle, which to me means making nutritional and healthy meals but also ballin' out (all pun intended) on some yummy treats like this one.
Serves: 15-17 balls
- 2/3 cup marshmallow spread
- 1/2 cup Golden Grahams cereal, finely crushed
- 12 oreos, finely crushed
- 3 cups Golden Grahams cereal, finely crushed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Golden Grahams cereal, crumbled
For the filling
- Grind the Golden Grahams in a food processor or blender. In a bowl, combine the finely crushed Golden Grahams to the marshmallow spread and mix.
- Section into 1/2 teaspoon sized balls.
- Freeze for 10 minutes, until firm enough to handle.
For the Oreo dough
- Grind the Oreos and Golden Grahams in a food processor or blender.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ground mixture with the cream cheese and mix thoroughly.
For the ball
- Take the filling out of the freezer. Pull out 1-inch chunks of dough, flatten it with your hand, put 1 portion of filling mixture in the center and wrap the dough completely around the marshmallow mixture, forming a ball shape with your hands. Place the ball on a piece of parchment paper and repeat these steps for the rest of the balls.
- Freeze the balls for 15 minutes.
For the coating
- While the balls are freezing, crumble 2 tablespoons of Golden Grahams for topping.
- Combine chocolate chips with coconut oil and melt in the microwave.
- Coat the balls in the melted chocolate and sprinkle the crushed Golden Grahams on top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. Keep refrigerated.