Italian Turkey Burger
I make this dish every time I'm craving Italian pasta or pizza but want to stay away from complex carbohydrates and fuel my body with a nutritious substitute.
Serves: 4 burgers
- 1 pack ground turkey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggplants
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup tomato & basil red sauce from a jar
- Fresh basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Section ground turkey into 4 equal parts and form each part into a patty with your hands.
- In a hot skillet with olive oil, cook the turkey patties evenly through.
- Slice eggplant into 1 inch thick slices, to resemble a bun.
- In a hot skillet with olive oil, place the eggplant slices down to soften a bit. Season with salt and pepper on each side.
- Assemble your Italian turkey burger: start with one eggplant slice, spread some ricotta cheese, spread the red sauce, add the turkey burger, top with more ricotta, fresh basil and the second eggplant slice.