Almond Flour Flax Seed Cherry Muffins
I am obsessed with this muffin recipe! They we're so quick and easy to whip up and are definitely a healthier alternative to other muffin recipes out there. Because of real ingredients like ghee and agave, we were able to keep the flavors tasty without any unnatural additives.
Serves: 12 muffins
¼ cup agave nectar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup ghee
2 large eggs
1 cup fresh sweet cherries, pitted and halved
2 cups almond flour
½ cup flax seeds
½ teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line with paper, or lightly grease a 12-well muffin pan.
- Cream the ghee and honey until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla extract.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add them to the wet mixture. Gently fold in the cherries.
- Spoon muffin batter the pan; cups will be quite full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until muffins test done.
- Store at room temperature for 3 days, or freeze for up to a month.