Southwestern Avocado Rotisserie Chicken Stuffed Peppers
You know what recipes I love? The easy ones that you can make for yourself or for a dinner party you're throwing. These stuffed peppers are great for either one. You can make one at a time (just divvy up the ingredients accordingly) or you can make a whole batch. And while stuffed peppers are usually appetizers, these are definitely big enough to be a main course.
Serves: 5-6 peppers
Rotisserie Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers
1 store bought rotisserie chicken
1 red onion, diced
2 roma tomatoes
1 cup corn
1 cup black beans
5-6 large green bell peppers
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 teaspoons lime juice
Optional: top with sour cream and scallions
1. Cut the tops off the peppers, scoop out the insides and place them on a hot pan with olive oil to roast the skin on all sides.
2. With your hands, shred the rotisserie chicken into little shredded bits.
3. In a bowl, whip up the avocado until smooth.
4. Mix the shredded chicken with avocado whip, diced red onion, diced tomato, corn, black beans, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5. Stuff the shredded chicken salad into the peppers.
6. Serve alone, or top with (low-fat) sour cream and scallions.