Old Bay Shrimp Tacos with an Avocado Cream Sauce
Here's a little American cookout/Mexican food mashup that I love. W
Serves: 6-8 tacos
Old Bay Shrimp Tacos
1 pound shrimp (deveined, peeled, removed tails)
2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Lemon juice to taste
1 sweet onion
1 bell pepper
1 bunch cilantro
Package of mini corn tortillas
Avocado Cream Sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
⅓ cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
**If you want this sauce to be less creamy, add water to taste.
1. In a hot skillet add olive oil, shrimp and old bay seasoning and cook until the shrimp are pink and lose their shine.
2. Dice large sweet onion, bell pepper and cilantro.
3. Toast your corn tortillas. This can be in the skillet with a little bit of oil or if you have a gas stove put the tortillas right over the burner for 5 seconds until charred.
4. Assemble your tacos with the shrimp, onion and pepper.
5. In a food processor blend together the avocado, the olive oil and the salt and pepper until creamy. If you want the sauce to loosen up and be creamier, add the water.
6. Top your assembled tacos with the creamy avocado sauce and the diced cilantro.