Falafel Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Chicken nuggets don't have to be greasy, McDonald's fried cardboard, you guys. Opt for these if you want chicken nuggets that won't boost your sodium levels through the roof.
2 Chicken Breast, boneless skinless
1 cup Flour
¼ tsp Paprika
Pinch of chilli powder
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
1 cup Falafel Mix
4 tbsp Olive oil
Tabouleh Tzatziki Sauce
½ tsp dry Dill, chopped
2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
½ Cucumber, grated
1 Tomato, small dice
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 Lemon, zested and juiced
1 cup Greek Yogurt
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1) Prepare the chicken fingers by cutting the chicken breasts into 2-inch cubes.
2) For the assembly arrange 3 bowls in a row. In the first bowl add the flour, chili powder and paprika. In the second bowl add the egg, salt and pepper and whisk until combined. In the third bowl add the falafel mix.
3) To bread the chicken pieces, dredge them in the flour first, then the egg, and lastly the falafel mix. Prepare all of the chicken pieces in this order.
4) When the chicken is breaded, heat a large skillet at medium heat with 2 tbsp of oil. When the oil is hot add half of the chicken breasts.
5) Cook chicken breasts about 5 minutes per side. Add 2 more tbsp of oil and repeat with the remaining chicken.
6) Let the chicken cool and make sauce.
7) To make the sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8) Serve chicken nuggets with tabouleh tzatziki sauce and pita if you're feeling like an over achiever.
You can serve like this:
Or like this:
It really doesn't matter!