Apple Cinnamon Oat Muffins
Yep, back at it with the muffins. These are gluten-free (yes I went there) apple cinnamon walnut muffins. To make sure these are the healthiest they can be, I made sure to use all-natural ingredients. I substituted sugar with coconut sugar, butter with olive oil, all-purpose flour with oat flour, and used 100% natural honey crisp apple cider. I even dressed them up with a warm apple honey glaze, where I used vegan apple honey. These are super tasty and you need them.
Serves: 12 muffins
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cup honey crisp apple cider
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 honey crisp apple, finely chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and coconut sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt and olive oil until thoroughly combined.
4. In a blender, mix the honey crisp apple cider and pitted dates. Blend until the dates are finely shredded throughout the apple cider and then pour this mixture into the egg mixture and stir.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, forming the batter. Once the batter is formed, fold in the apple slices and walnuts until they are evenly distributed.
6. Pour the batter into baking cups until they are filled (these muffins don’t rise very much) and bake for 13 minutes.
7. Let the muffins cool for at least an hour before eating. If you want to dress them up, feel free to add a Greek yogurt icing or some warm apple cinnamon slices on top.