Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Garlic Dip
I'm a huge fan of sweet/salty combos, but usually that comes in the form of chocolate covered pretzels or pineapple on my pizza (judge me all you want, it's fucking awesome). However, I can't just eat junk food for the rest of my life and I needed a recipe to help me get that sweet/salty fix with all natural ingredients instead of grease, chocolate, sodium and simple carbs. These sweet potato fries with avocado garlic dip are so. damn. good. If you like sweet and salty combos and garlic, then you'll love this recipe. I honestly love these so much that I opt out of other processed snacks just to make these. And, to make things better, this dip keeps for about a week in the fridge, so you can save it and serve on other things (regular potatoes, toast, tortilla chips, quesadillas, burgers, sandwiches...honestly anything you want a creamy garlic sauce on.)
Serving Size: 3-4
Sweet potato fries
3-4 sweet potatoes
3 scallions, chopped
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Avocado Garlic Dip
1 large avocado, pitted and skin removed
4-5 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1 inch sticks.
3. In a large bowl, toss together the sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper until potatoes are evenly coated.
4. On a large baking sheet, spread out the fries and bake for 20 minutes, flipping them after 10 minutes.
5. Prepare the avocado garlic dip by combining all of the ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth and set aside.
6. Remove the sweet potato fries from the oven and top with chopped scallions. serve with Avocado Garlic Dip.