Krispy Kreme Doughnut Bread Pudding
December is all about being warm, cozy, festive and full. Instead of bringing cupcakes to your holiday party, opt for this comforting extreme Krispy Kreme Doughnuts-inspired holiday bread pudding. And what better way to make bread pudding go from great to the best thing you’ve ever tasted? Make it with Krispy Kreme doughnuts, of course. Oh, then make it extra festive with Hanukah and Christmas sprinkles. There’s a 100% chance you’ll win your holiday party with this one.
Thank you so much to Krispy Kreme for partnering with me on this holiday recipe hack. Also, I got to check out their new 2018 Wall Calendar! It’s filled with delicious recipe ideas developed around the Original Glazed® Doughnuts and lots fun coupons to use every month (click here to find a shop near you that has it). For more recipe inspiration, visit www.krispykreme.com/recipes.
KRISPY KREME BREAD PUDDING
- 1 box Krispy Kreme Original Glazed Doughnuts
- 1 box Krispy Kreme Glazed Blueberry Cake Doughnuts
- 6 eggs
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup melted butter
- Holiday sprinkles
- ¼ cup butter
- 5 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Holiday sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a casserole dish with butter.
2. Cut all of your Krispy Kreme doughnuts into medium sized pieces (about 6 per doughnut.)
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, condensed milk, whole milk, vanilla extract and melted butter until thoroughly combined.
4. Place the Krispy Kreme doughnut pieces in a casserole dish and sprinkle Holiday sprinkles on top.
5. Pour the mixed ingredients on top of the Krispy Kreme doughnuts and let them soak for 5-10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle each side with the appropriate Holiday sprinkles.
7. Bake for about an hour until the center is firm.
8. Drizzle the icing on top of the bread pudding and top with more sprinkles.
1. Beat butter and softened cream cheese until well blended.
2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to beat the mixture until smooth.
3. Add whole milk and beat on low until the drizzle reaches the desired consistency.