My family does Thanksgiving differently. We don’t whip up the huge feast that everyone else does and we usually go out to eat. However, this year I was pretty inspired by Ocean Spray’s Thanksgiving boot camp and I’ve decided that I’m going to give my family the ultimate Thanksgiving breakfast! Thanksgiving doesn’t have to just be dinner, you know.
At Thanksgiving boot camp, I learned that using leftover cranberry sauce on pancakes is a must. So, needless to say, I was inspired. This recipe is also great for anyone with leftover pumpkin purée and pumpkin spice!
1 cup whole wheat pancake mix (or whichever you desire)
2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
1/3 cup Ocean Spray® 100% Juice Organic Cranberry
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
¼ cup pumpkin purée
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or measured to taste)
1 can Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
1. Combine pancake mix, ricotta, cranberry juice, egg, vegetable oil, pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly.
3. Butter a skillet and place ¼ cup portions of batter onto the skillet. Cook on medium heat until firm on one side.
4. Flip the pancake until the other side browns. Place on a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
5. Spread cranberry sauce between each pancake and stack.
6. Top with more cranberry sauce and maple syrup.
Ocean Spray has you covered with everything you need to make your first Thanksgiving a memorable meal, at OceanSpray.com!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ocean Spray. The opinions and text are all mine.