This Pizza Waffle is the easiest, cheesiest most beautiful way to use your waffle iron.
1 can pizza dough
1½ tablespoons oregano
1 ½ tablespoons dried basil
Marinara sauce (or pizza sauce), to taste
Grated mozzarella cheese, to taste
Butter or non-stick spray for waffle iron
1. Heat your waffle iron to medium heat.
2. Open your pizza dough and unroll it onto a cutting board. Cut the dough into squares, big enough for your waffle maker.
3. Sprinkle dried basil and oregano onto the dough and press it so that it becomes meshed onto the surface.
4. Spread marinara sauce and add mozzarella cheese.
5. Cover the sauce and cheese with the other square of dough and press the sides together so the sauce and cheese are sealed inside.
6. Spray your waffle iron with non-stick spray (or butter it) and place the pizza pocket onto the iron. Close the iron and cook for 2-4 minutes, until the waffle is golden brown. It is okay if some cheese and sauce spill out of the sides.