Vanilla Rooibos Frozen Hot Chocolate
When you think of summer, the first thing you probably don't think of is hot chocolate. But you should because frozen hot chocolate is the best thing that's happened since, well, hot hot chocolate. This vanilla rooibos frozen hot chocolate is a great summer treat for those of you that want to take a detour from all the ice cream and popsicles.
I've mentioned before that I love Raaka chocolate because their flavors really fit my moods and give extra *oomph* to any basic chocolate recipe. So it's fitting that I used the vanilla rooibos Raaka chocolate bar for this recipe. And I'm pretty sure it's the only one out there, so you definitely need to get your hands on these chocolate bars to make this!
- 1 Vanilla Rooibos Raaka chocolate bar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup milk (I prefer 2% or whole milk)
- Whipped cream
1. Break half of your Raaka chocolate bar into small chunks. In a blender or food processor, mix together the chocolate chunks and sugar until thoroughly blended into a powder.
2. Take the second half of your chocolate bar and break it into small chunks. Place the chunks into a bowl and melt for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir until thoroughly melted.
3. Pour milk into a saucepan and warm over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add your chocolate powder mix and the melted chocolate and stir periodically until the chocolate fully melts into the milk and the color is evenly distributed. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
4. Let the hot chocolate sit for 10 minutes and then pour into a cup. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5. In a blender, place 1 cup of ice and the chocolate milk. Blend on high speed until smooth.
6. Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if you wish.